Easter Weekend 2011

HUGE post... I took a ton of photos. Big surprise.

This Easter weekend, I had a bunch of family up for lunch, a craft, a nostalgic walk, and Easter activities.

Our nostalgic walk was actually just next door, where we all grew up.

easter1

Since I live next door, it was just another day of going to visit the Newhall's. But for the rest of the crew, it was a walk down memory lane. Lots of memories of our mom flooded in as we walked around the yard and in the house. (Thank you so much Newhall's!!!) They were so so kind to let us invade their house for a few minutes.

easter2

In one of the bedrooms there is a laundry shoot with unfinished sheetrock. Most of us siblings and a lot of my neices and nephews have 'tagged' the walls with signatures, shout-outs to who is hot, drawings, wishes, etc., and a big blacked-out area, courtesy of yours truly, covering up angry words I wrote about my brother after he farted in my face.

easter3

It was so fun to read through all the things written on those walls. My niece Lauren found what she wrote, and it was something like ' I hope that the next time I come back to this house, I am married.' Ha! She is married, and it was the first time she's been back since my dad moved out!

Following that, we had an Easter egg hunt.

bApr232011_3549

easter4

easter5

easter6

These are called Ranunculus flowers. Todd bought them for me and they are beautiful.

easter7

bApr232011_3596

Here are a bunch more photos of the rest of the day.

Remy loves babies! This baby goes everywhere with her.

easter8

easter9

bApr232011_3619

easter 10

bApr232011_3607

bApr232011_3632

bApr232011_3636

bApr232011_3634

I shot these next two one right after the other. Couldn't have been more perfect! I love it.

easter 11

bApr232011_3657

easter 12

easter 13

easter 14

Easter jammies! Thanks Suzanne!

easter 15

So this was the craft that we made. I built a bunch of boxes, bought letters at Hobby Lobby, and let everyone create a framed monogram. I built three for me so I could put up EAT in my kitchen.

easter 16

Easter morning

easter 17

easter 18

easter 19

And of course her Easter outfit was the skirt I got to keep from JustBe skirts and purses.

easter 20

What a great weekend and what a long post. Thanks for sticking til the end!

0 comments: